Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
What's the condition of the fluid on the dipstick? Unless it's dark, gritty, or has a burned odor, leave well enough alone. Since it's impossible to get all the old fluid out because there's no way to drain the torque converter, stirring up things by dropping the pan and doing a filter swap doesn't accomplish much. The only thing "flushing" does is flush some of your money down the drain, and it could cause other problems.
Jerry
I agree..... I really hate to disturb anything but I need to get these leaks stopped. I've been using DEX/MERC Transmission Fluid and it's reddish in color. Not gritty, or any odor. The PO said that's what they did was just drain a replace the fluid and filter but you know how that goes. I believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see.


"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website