First thanks everyone for all the help on my last thread concerning no spark. Here is where I am at at this point the truck is a 1949 Chevy 3100 6v negative ground. I have voltage going all the way to the points with the gap set correctly and everything checked point to point we are getting 6v to the points and to to the primary and secondary windings in the coil but nothing to the spark plugs. We have changed the coil with a known good coil, changed the points, condenser and coil several times still no spark. Changed the cap and rotor and made sure everything is grounded. I had a friend come confirm everything and from what we both agree we should be getting spark
So what’s next... here are my questions:
With the 6v the engine seems slow to crank and the voltage drops to 2 volts at the coil. Is this normal?
Can the starter be the problem? I did change the switch when I first got it because it was bad. I know it spins.
Can the voltage regulator be the problem? All we have hooked up is a toggle switch that gives power to the coil the regulator is not in the loop. Should it be?.
Not shore what else to check. Any further suggestion?
Thanks
KT