I just aquired a 63 3/4 ton stepside longgbed... it is VERY plain mechanically.
No air
No Power Steering
Single line from master cylinder

I want to use the hydroboost system from 1 ton
truck to upgrade my brakes... I want power steering
as well... this truck is going to see heavy trailering duty... not just a show truck.
Do I need to use the steering box from the
donor 1 ton or diesel... has anyone here done the
hydroboost conversion and have suggestions on what to do... not do ....I had a hydroboost on a diesel
Chevy I had... never worked on it though... it never gave me a reason to...
Will the box on a 1 ton bolt up on my 63???
front end is similar or alike isn't it??

The steering box on the 63 is bad right now and needs replacement.... I had not planned on the hydroost this early in the resto process but if Im going to have to put a steering box on anyway.. well, I might as well start the upgrade now ..

Any help here would be appreaicated..

Thanks,
Kyle