Rob-
With the Mustang II front end you only eliminate the 'where to mount the steerig box problem' because the MII uses a rack and pinion. You could use a manual rack and pinion and it would be a huge improvement over the stock manual steering. If the tires you use aren't too fat you may not even need powersteering. I've got a friend with manual rack on the M-II front end and Chev 350 in his '40 coupe, and it isn't too bad to drive, especially when its rolling. Manual at a standstill is a bit of a problem, but not too bad.
With the M-II you still have to figure out what you'll do with the steering column- aftermarket or adapt the stock one using a shaft and borgensen joints.
If you go with power steering you'll have to figure out how to mount the pump.
I believe that you could make a two piece bracket that mounted to the timing cover and the side engine mount bosses on the 235. I saw a similar set up on a ford ranger with a I-6 at the bone yard the other day and would have taken the brackets except that the Ford I-6 is opposite of the Chevy, it has the intake and exhaust on the passanger side and the timing cover overhand on the driver's side. So, the brackets are the inverse of what I need to put P/S on my bolt.
Good luck!
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
|