I just got off the phone with someone at the PPG Color Library and they were unable to provide any modern color offsets or formulas for the 1954 Pearl Beige Interior Paint. I gave them the numbers mentioned in the Tech Tip, or PPG/DITZLER 21122 and DUPONT 93-72389, and the only thing they could come up with was some kind of red color. I also spoke with one of the people at our local PPG dealer in town and they were unable to help. As mentioned in a previous post on this site, they suggested that I remove the glove box and they could match it up. I believe the person at the PPG Color Library called this a wrap & match. (Please correct me if I misinterpreted him.) Several parts places also offer the Pearl Beige paint, including but probably not limited to Jim Carter, Classic Parts of America and Chevy’s of the 40’s.

Before I do this, was anyone lucky enough to come up with any color offsets or formulas before this information was lost or no longer available from PPG, and has anyone had any luck using the paints purchased from these parts suppliers? I have read some mixed reviews in past posts, especially with the lack of information on mixing ratios, etc.

Since I know they would be there to help if needed, I am leaning towards the local PPG dealer and the wrap & match. I also like supporting our local dealers and suppliers. I know everyone will probably see something a little different, but I posted a few pictures to show what I am working with. I also used a little polish in one area to try to bring out the color.

Thanks
Attachments
Paint 2.jpg (12.59 KB, 143 downloads)
Paint 6.jpg (11.8 KB, 141 downloads)


Cruisin' in the Passing Lane
Former owner of a 1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic
"To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius