Originally Posted by 79broncoowner
I pulled the lifters out of a 235 that had been rebuilt but the guy put the wrong bearings in the rods. So I used the head and lifters and push rods from that engine to the other one How can you tell what cam it has

And the plot thickens, I think we are getting close to your problem.
A) Never use used lifters from another cam on the new cam and
B) Never assume anything about unknown components.
C) I stick by you have incorrect valve adjustment because of incompatible cam/ lifters. Didnt you rebuild the engine? What cam did you buy or have reground? What kind of lifters did you scavenge from the other engine?

Last edited by sstock; 10/06/2019 1:14 PM.

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration