| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,326 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 | I'm just about finished building my 261 to stick into my '51 1/2 ton and therefore am ready to take it to the exhaust shop. I'll be running Fenton's, an X-Pipe and duals.
I've read a variety of differnt suggestions on pipe diameter and muffler choice, so I'd love some input that everyone can refer to later.
Diameter: from header to x-pipe to muffler and muffler to tip? I've heard a variety of things. Someone told me to keep it 1 5/8" between the header/x-pipe/muffler and run 2" after that in order to build up enough back pressure and efficiently scavange with the x-pipe which should be located within a foot or two of the header outlets. Lots of people seem to like the flow masters, but which one? 40, 60, 70?
I'm torn between going 2" from the fenton's all the way back and doing the narrower pipe in the front.
Any thoughts?
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
| | |
| |
| |