Thank you Bartamos for your detailed explanation of how the horn system works. You were, of course, correct. What threw me a curve was, in the horn cap container parts kit I purchased from LMC (part number 34-0411) , the spring disk that is installed first had not only the three holes in it for the spacer to bolt through, but also had two smaller holes drilled on either side of the three holes for the spacer (take a look on the LMC website). The spring loaded push button that contacts the brass ring on the wiring harness almost lined up with the smaller holes in the spring disk. All of the other spring disks I have seen have only the three holes and three slots to provide the spring disk flexibility (I presume). Anyway, once I had everything properly in place and tightened the steering wheel nut down, and put the cap on, the horn worked. I do appreciate all who read this post and thanks once again for you answer Bartamos.