I got it moving under its own power today, grin but there is more to do.

-The brakes need bled. Took fluid and didn't see any leaks. Felt some pressure, but not enough.
There is also the matter of the rear right brake. The line to it was disconnected and sealed. frown

-Check the spark plugs since the wires needed replaced due to corrosion. There is also the choke to check as the pull knob feels stiff. It's running a little fast and used a lot of fuel. I also need to replace the carb gasket.

-Clean out the fuel tank before I attempt to use it. It looked okay inside, only a little dirty. Nice thing about having it in the cab!

-I've got some better tires lined up for it. That would be a good time to also check the brakes.

-Muffler, it has a straight pipe!

-Lights. Many of the little ones are broken or missing. It has already been converted to 12 volts!

-Have yet to try the hoist.

-Fix up the box and make it better so I can use it.

-Painting and such.

-Clean the cab, cover the seat and figure out what I will do for a headliner.

-More little things, but those are the most important things.


Ah, the fun of having an old FARM TRUCK! cool
Attachments
20190816_192829~2.jpg (226.39 KB, 199 downloads)


Alexander's Automotive Assortment
  • 1953 GMC 9700 3-ton**
  • 1978 Plymouth Arrow
  • 1980 Jeep J10 Cargo Truck
  • 1985 Red Wagon Trailer (for cars)
  • 1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon 4wd

**(9700 in Canada or 450 in USA.)