Hello All,

I'm going to be swapping out my 207 with a 1954 235 engine soon and have the 235 in the machine shop now. I have a few questions and if anyone can share any known "gotchas" that I will face along the way, your guidance will be greatly appreciated! I've sourced a 1937 truck bellhousing in order to retain the original pedals and I'm told the 235 and original 1936 3 speed transmission will work with it. Can anyone validate this? I'm also wondering what year clutch and components, starter I will need to source to work with this setup? Lastly, if I want to go with a later model transmission, what years will work given the constraints the 37 bellhousing may pose?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio
Attachments
IMG_20190807_211418_506.jpg (103.07 KB, 68 downloads)


LOS ANGELES, CA

48 FLEETLINE AERO, 50 CANOPY EXPRESS

52 SUBURBAN, 57 BIG WINDOW Pickup, 64 Malibu CV