Ok guys. I had some parts sent over from Jim Carters. The plugs sent were AC Delco M8 plugs with 1/4 inch reach. The points were Borg Warner A40V
The truck is a 1941 with the 0riginal 216 using the small 10mm plugs.
1. The plugs which were in the truck when I bought it were KLG T70 ( these have a 1/2 inch reach. These are obviously been in for a long time but the engine ran well with them. Are the M8 plugs ok.
2. The contact points send over are different from the existing ones. The top arm is the same however the base plate is much longer on the new points and there is no way that its going to fit. As a matter of interest I picked up a spare distributor from a wreck and the points are the same as the existing ones. Is this an Aussie difference or have the wrong parts been sent?
Thanks guys
Bob