'52 3100 with 235 and 1 barrel rochester.
Truck wasn't running perfect but OK. The other night I changed the oil and replaced the gasket on the carburetor between the air horn and the fuel bowl (since fuel was seeping out). I reassembled it and could barely get it to run. Took carb off, cleaned it, did minor adjustment to the float, and reinstalled. Idled fine. Took it for a drive around the block and ran good for about a mile, then from a stop I stepped on the throttle a little hard and it back fired, starts coughing, smoking, and have to give it lots of throttle to keep it running. Barely got it home. Got it running the in garage smoking and running terrible, then I took off the air cleaner and it started running more like normal. What happened? Where do I start?

Thanks in advance... please feel free to speak like I know nothing!! That was the first time I've taken a carb off but want to learn.


Mike

1952 -3100 with '52 235 Iowa farm truck "Cecil"