Looks like you understand the 1.5 ton and 2 ton axle difference.

The variety of wheel hand hole styles is mostly year related, the 8 hand hole 20” used mostly prior to 1948 in by experience, but I have no research or literature to verify.

The somewhat unusual 5 hand hole hub piloted wheels I think are “Motor Wheels” bolt pattern and or wheel brand/design. (Unless that’s a 1 ton gmc with smaller than 20” wheels and I’m mistaken on bolt pattern.) Used on a few GMCs but not Chevy although during same time both used the 5/10 lug on 7.25” pattern as well. Recently someone is selling a very rare set of 22.5 wheels in swap meet section with this pattern.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-