| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,374 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 87 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 87 | This is my exact thought for my truck also. In no way shape or form would I only leave 1 spring in place. The springs locate the axles and taking the chance of leaving 1 spring leaves the door open for the axle to move side to side.
What I was thinking was to pull every other leaf out and install the bags from there. Also I would go with air bags that have built in bump stops or fabricate bump stops on the truck. Always account for a possible failure.
I have made a few custom suspensions over the years, nothing on a medium duty just smaller vehicles. After having back surgery my back doesn't like an extremely rough ride anymore. I though about a custom 4 link for the rear end also but decided against it. If I'm hauling 20k pounds say though the mountains one day and something doesn't stay together there isn't a failure that can be accounted for with a 4 link that is busted. | | |
| |
| |