I have read the truck cab booklet and the tech tips here to figure out how to adjust my doors on my 51 3100 1/2 ton. I adjusted the passenger side door and it shuts perfectly.

Oh boy, I am frustrated with the driver side door.
Originally my driver side door would shut flush but rattle because the striker was damaged. It would also leak because the weatherstripping was gone between the hinges.
I pulled the door, removed the old weatherstripping and used weatherstripping removal spray to get rid of the glue. I then put the new weatherstripping on the door with the 3m black weatherstripping.
I then hung the door, adjusted and installed a replacement striker.

I have spent a few days adjusting the door but just can't get it right. The door shuts well, but I do have two issues. The weatherstripping is coming off a little between the hinges when I shut the door and the door is 1/8" out of flush from the striker side. If I move the door up it hits the cab, if I move the door down it hits the cab. If I move the door in it rips the weatherstripping off, if I move the door out I can't adjust the striker to close the door.

The booklet states enlarging body bolt holes or bending door hinges, but I'm little hesitant to try that.

Ugh, is there a secret to adjusting these doors?

Thanks,
JD


1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)