I decided to go with fiberglass fenders and running boards for my 46 Chev half ton. The rear fenders and running boards were built by a fellow in Manitoba that I found through ebay, they fit nicely. The front fenders are from Superior and they leave a lot to be desired. The issue with them is the headlight buckets don't fit the curve of the fenders, I've had to use weather stripping to fill the gaps up to 1/2 inch on the inside. I did use headlight buckets from a big bolt, but was told by one of my suppliers that the parts book says they are the same. The grill fit in these fenders is poor/fair. I have it acceptable from a distance not great. I purchased a splash pan (the piece that bolts between the front fenders and the bottom of the grill. I purchased this from Jim Carter it is the worst of the pieces, it is about an inch too short and the flanges/lip that bolts to the fenders is the wrong angle. Pulling it as tight as I dare without cracking the fiberglass leaves a 1/2 gap on each side. I tried my bumper brackets and bumper on today and the holes that the brackets go through need to be that 1/2 inch to allow the brackets to fit properly. So I will have to cut it in half bolt the ends to the fenders and then re fiberglass /body fill to make it fit. Parts that I thought would save me time have turned out to be junk and are more work than pounding on steel pieces.
Attachments
IMG_0828.jpg (13.39 KB, 66 downloads)
IMG_0830.jpg (14.6 KB, 66 downloads)
IMG_0834.jpg (16.01 KB, 66 downloads)
IMG_0833.jpg (15.33 KB, 66 downloads)
IMG_0829.jpg (18.88 KB, 66 downloads)