| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,401 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | My observation may not be helpful, but here goes. I recently bought a 1961 parts truck with the x-frame. Someone tried to fit a 1965-72 12 bolt rear and trailing arms onto the x-frame. It’s very clear to me that the geometry is wrong. The trailing arms contact the X part of the frame with any weight on the frame. I suspect that the mounting brackets on the rear axle are closer to the centerline in the 1963-1972 geometry, but I am not sure. Perhaps the brackets that mount the trailing arms to the frame or closer together for an x-frame chassis. I do know this, the trailing arms for a long bed are the same as the trailing arms for a short bed. | | |
| |
| |