I have the 70C50 that needed longer wheel studs to make "ME" feel safe as the originals lacked about a quarter inch being even with the outside end of the lug nut This was after using the wheels now 22.5" 10 bolt wheels from Wheels now. So anyway used the 704173GM, E8961 Euclid wheel studs. The knurl is moved further up the stud as pictured as well as about .004 larger diameter in the knurl area. I reamed the holes with a 3/4 drill bit (and yes my vintage miller falls 1/2 drive drill kicked my old [censored] several times) this was after I had tried to drive the new studs with a 8lb. short handle sledge. It still took 7 to 8 lusty swings to seat each one.

As noted I am older than my mind thinks, fat, lazy and no longer relish dirty hands. I drilled and tapped the hub between the bearing races for a 1/8" pipe plug which allows me to fill and or drain the hub without packing the bearings with grease. Have to line up between a couple studs but I had half them out at one time. Not my original idea but first seen on some IH tractors back in the early eighties during a past life.

Hope this helps someone else and the picture shows. Now on to the brake drums which are worn out. Got like new shoes though. Tom
Attachments
000_0190[1].JPG (266.33 KB, 134 downloads)