| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W),
211
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2017 Posts: 48 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2017 Posts: 48 | Good evening Big Bolters . . .
I need to replace the rubber seal at the floor (bottom of steering shaft) and there is not enough clearance between the dash and the steering shaft to slide it down. I had cut the old deteriorated one off some time ago while working on the floor pan. I have just been reading older threads (most were about removing the column) without really finding anything regarding just the seal replacement. Do I need to loosen the steering gear box, will that allow me to rotate the shaft a 1/4" or so? Am I overlooking something simple . . . not that anything is ever simple!
Guess I should mention that I'm working on a '51 2 ton.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Dennis in Austin
| | |
| |
| |