| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 11 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 11 | I own a 84 s-15 chassis and drivetrain that came with it. Plannin to put the 56 chev body on it.I have been playin around with the engine that came with the chasis, a v-6 4.1 ,I think, could be wrong, I took the plugs out and turned her over by hand and I hear a click in the motor, the timing chain is pretty sloppy, plugs are black Some oil. not really sooty. The thing is I never heard it run, does anyone have any info on these motors? they good or bad? I appreciate any feed back, I want to be sure before I put any time and money into this motor or just get another one, ya know. Tomorrow if time dictates, I wish to pull the tappet covers off and check the valves and lifters. Might pull the heads as last resort. The manual I have doesn't go with the yr I have. I need specs on torque for the bolts on the heads, timing covers, pulleys, etc.? Sequence? Email me the info if you wish, Thanks in advance. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
V-6 ,84 chassis, Info required.
| Mister K | 11/26/2003 9:19 AM |
Re: V-6 ,84 chassis, Info required.
| SycloneJoe | 12/19/2003 6:06 PM |
Re: V-6 ,84 chassis, Info required.
| tomslik | 12/20/2003 4:49 AM |
Re: V-6 ,84 chassis, Info required.
| Zeker6 | 12/21/2003 1:57 AM |
Re: V-6 ,84 chassis, Info required.
| SycloneJoe | 01/08/2004 6:59 PM | |
| |
| |