So I finally got my truck a couple weeks ago and been tearing into it. Looking at parts from the vendors and used parts people have for sale I’m noticing some differences in parts from my “44” Canadian truck in the aftermarket as well as used parts. One being the door check straps aren’t 2 pieces of flat metal but a piece of round bar another is the exterior door handle design.
I know that the middle years are built with existing old stock as my motor number stamped on it matches the tag on the truck and the water pump has a single hole on the back so it is a pre 41 motor and the head is stamped 1940. So what I’m asking is there any info somewhere that lists the differences between the Canada models and the US? Or do you have any info? Mechanical, design, finishes or anything... as stupid as it sounds I’m trying to keep it correct and I know I’m gonna have a harder time finding certain parts.