I trying to fix the PO’s installation of the emergency brake cables. The rear cable installation in the drum appears correct but where front of the cable is supposed to be clamped it’s cable tied to the top of the clamp. I disassembled one side and tried to install the end into the clamp but it was too big, thus the reason it was cable tied. I measured the cable sheath end OD at .475” and the ID of the clamp measures .437”. I suspect the cable is not the correct one for my 3100 and I figure if I ordered another specific to the 3100 would most likely correct the issue. Am I on the right track or am I missing something.
Attachments
827E23E1-5ED5-4315-A4F8-0D767A5BDB38.jpeg (311.72 KB, 247 downloads)


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum