| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,239 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 370 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 370 | I have a 49 3600 with a 216 all “stock”. I installed the Pertronix kit about 6 months ago. Everything was easy as it seemed and the truck runs well. I really like the stock plug wires so I installed those around the same time. Pertronix advised against using solid copper wires but it seemed fine.
Then I found Pertronix stock look wires and installed them. What a difference. I could tell the minute I started the truck the performance was better. So my question is.... Why is it better?
Thanks Don
Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
| | |
| |
| |