Tim, no worries... if you take a look at my first post, that's exactly what I was getting at. The head casting # 3837161 is a bit of a mysterious one. There are quite a few posts in the various forums asking about it, so it's not terribly uncommon. But none of the usual resources list that head. One of the forums suggested it may be a Canadian head, but I don't know that for fact.
The head appears to be related to the common '54-'55 casting # 3835913 head, since the numbers on the passenger side of the head show "913" among others (see photo), but any specific relationship to the 913 head would also be a guess on my part.
Back to the intent of my original post, while the block I have is a typical '54 235, the head is one that I'm hoping someone can shed light on, out of curiosity.
Has the separate thread been started to show stamped engine SNs and such, as was suggested?