| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 22 | RE: port size: There's a very good book for chevys: CHEVROLET INLINE SIX CYLINDER POWER MANUAL It gives very good detail on how to get lots of HP from them. They find that they get the BIG HP by chopping out the devider between the paired intakes leaving a giant hole! I'd guess that they have found more techniques in the decades since Fisher wrote the book. I used to have it and built a 270 back in 54. It worked well but hopefully we've learned much since then. Since I'm "restoring" a 40 roadster for vintage racing, I need to use the appropriate motor even though it is more obsolete than the chevy six. I'll learn about the cost of building a six and a 327 hopefully this year in that I plan to build one of each.
Greasy Thumbs
| | |
| |
| |