Hi Tikiteck,
Welcome to Stovebolt! It's a great site for many reasons: great folks and just a wealth of free flowing knowledge!
We have a 55 Grumman. It's still pretty much original, but I did install an overdrive (56, R10) unit on it. I use it for camping. I'll be glad to share what I know (that shouldn't take long smile ).
Mill Supply is a good source for Grumman parts. I'm usually around everyday, but if you don't get an answer to what you're looking for, feel free to PM me.
They are great utilitarian trucks!
Good luck with your project!
Attachments
DB Sept 2017.JPG (40.64 KB, 102 downloads)
DB + Higgins.JPG (43.24 KB, 100 downloads)
DB doors.JPG (31.76 KB, 99 downloads)


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter