I'm doing an S10 frame swap for my wife's 1954 GMC shortbed. I've mocked up the front sheetmetal, cab and bed and it doesn't look to be too difficult. I've looked at some websites that have done this but they all seem to be trying to put the frame on the ground! My swap is going to be daily driver height.

You can check out some of my photos at this link: http://community.webshots.com/user/yellosub54
If the link doesn't open just copy and paste.

From my initial measurements and the beginning stages of construction I foresee NO modifications necessary to th stock body! Well, that is except for the radiator support and inner fenderwells. I won't be cutting any exterior sheetmetal. On the S10 frame I'll be cutting off the stock body/bed mounts and building new ones that will mount to the stock 54 locations. I hope to get the mounts done this winter, frozen fingers and all. I'll be away from my computer from 11/4/03 through 11/7/03.
I HATE WINTER!


"I always win." Working mainly alone I do not let my trucks win a war. Maybe a battle here and there but never the war.

Robert
55.1 GMC 450 COE
51ish GMC Suburban