I don't know why I'm having so much trouble figuring out what I'm working with. The box has always had so much play in it and the time has come for a rebuild (so I can get the truck on the road---safely). Having never rebuilt a steering box before, I did my homework before beginning, and read all about the recirculating balls, etc. Then I tear it down and there's no recirculating balls. The box was full of grease, and I'm not sure what type; it could be corn head grease, but don't know.
It's a Saginaw Gear 12 263587, but I cannot determine what year(s) they were used. The mounting bolts go through the top of the frame, not the side.
Dave, I saw that listing on ebay too, but wasn't sure if it was a direct replacement for the one I have (no dimensions listed). I'm reluctant to start messing around with the threads without knowing my options if I really mess it up (which I probably would).
As you can see in this pic, the bad threads go down about 1/4".
Jerry, if you're willing to take this on, let me know and I'll send it to you. (I have your address.)
Thanks for all you help guys.
Attachments
sector shaft threads.jpg (45.18 KB, 69 downloads)


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter