When I took my farm 3100 apart, it had caked on mud from front to back. When I did the resto,, I removed all the mud off and noticed beautiful sheet metal underneath, the inner fenders were gloss black on the wheel side too, never knew that. Dried mud is an excellent preserving agent. The best way to control future rust is to disassemble, clean/blast and rustproof. Tedious love of the labor,not much else to say, turn on the radio and pretend you are really enjoying what you are doing. We have all been there, it is what you make it. By the way, taking the truck cab off the frame is really easy and makes frame cleaning and rust proofing the only way to go for a complete correct job, IMHO. Steve
Last edited by sstock; 12/02/20183:48 PM.
1953 Chevrolet 3100 261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY Gallery Video of the 261 running
1964 GMC 1000 305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration