With a week gone by and no answers you might think you should have showered first.

I don't have a good answer for you and I suspect that's why no one else has responded either. I've not heard of anyone hot rodding a 228 or 248 since the 270 and 302s are enough bigger to make a big difference, and they aren't that hard to find.

As far as I know the external parts that fit the bigger jimmy motors will also fit your 228, but really I'm only guessing.

I'd watch ebay if I were serious about finding GMC performance stuff, but I'd expect it to be old and expensive.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...