| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,383 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,501 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,501 | I don't know about the rest of these folks Pete, but I always seal them at the bottom (where the gasket contacts the head). I use Permatex Aviation sealer. Sealing at the bottom allows for a bit more height. If you don't use any sealer, they'll leak and if you do use sealer they may still leak. Straighten the valve cover sealing surfaces well and while they're not technically correct I use spreaders to help make sure they seal.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |