Numbers (42465967), You want to leave the entire body of the road draft tube intact as it will retain it's ability to deflect the oil back into the crankcase and only allow the gases to escape as is it's design. Course some oil does make it's way out but it's minimal.
You want to cut the actual down tube portion. Measure out to the point where it makes the 90 degree turn down and cut the tube just back from that bend. You want as straight a cut as possible inorder for the rubber grommet and PCV to seal.
Heres the
best pic I have of my 216 setup. I originally tried to mount the PCV inplace of the road draft tube but the engine is so warn that it sucked way too much oil back to the intake so reinstalled the road draft tube after cutting off the down tube and reinstalled the PCV in it. I had to add the strap to hold it in as I was going to find a better fitting PCV to fit the grommet. I never got around to it LOL.... Drill the grommet correctly and theres no need for a strap LOL.
Good luck
Dave