Good evening fellow bolters!

Well, for some time now, I have been wanting a Chevy panel. I have had pick ups for the past 30 years but never a panel. I found a 49 that was supposed to be pretty solid, and it is for the most part. It don't have the typical rust out on the lower part of the body down near the running boards.

It has been in a barn in Syracuse, Kansas for about 25 years and it's full of dust! Tomorrow I am going to clean things up inside and get a better look at the floor and such. The engine (216) was started on gas at some point but I don't know how many years ago.

Anyway, I am going to start getting things ready to pull the body off the frame so it can be blasted and cleaned up. Little at a time. I would post a photo but apparently they are all too big and I can't get them cropped enough.


Kevin
Attachments
6-A.jpg (141.79 KB, 224 downloads)

Last edited by kthomas; 10/07/2018 1:36 AM.

1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear