Thanks, Joe I was confused by the Section Title. The 3.107 section is titled 'Gauge, Gasoline Tank', when I think it really means 'Sending Unit for Gauge, Gasoline Tank'.
My truck is a '48 model FS, which is a 1-Ton but it's a dually platform truck, with an inside the frame tank. The part number you reference, 1516983, seems to be for the trucks with an inside the cab tank.
I do find part number 1515467 which lists for a '47 Model ES with an inside the frame tank which is the same truck I have only a year earlier but no listing for the '48 FS. Under the Section Title 'Tank Gasoline' the tank part number, 3847323, is the same for both '47 and '48 Models. I'm going to assume the sending units are the same as well even though there's no specific mention of the FS model.
Thanks for your help! I think it's clear to me now. Jim