Folks — New here and thinking of joining the Big Bolt world. Have a chance to purchase a 1954 4100 dump truck in really good shape, but a little worried about availability of driveline parts and brake parts.
Can shoes, drums, cylinders, bearings, seals and such be found?
Also — are cab parts the same across 3100/4100 series? This truck has a shattered passenger window.
I am used to working on old things, and also used to chasing down hard to find parts. Got a little worried when internet searches turned up nil on the brake parts.
If I new I could keep her on the road I would buy her in a heartbeat — just a beautiful truck that needs TLC. Looking for advice as to whether or not to make the plunge. I have restored cars going back to 1931, and have a brother in law as a resource that repairs tractor trailers and heavy construction equipment.
Thanks,
Scott