I'll give that a try, I just don't understand why the engine runs so dam good.You see, I posted an earlier thread about a pinging noise which I am still trying to find and found this here little problem. I'm about to try your little hot water in a 1 qt. wiskey bottle and dribble it in there. Thanks.....
While your lifters may leak down when manually depressing they may be perfectly fine when operating in a running engine because they don't have to provide resistance to leak-down for an appreciable length of time to adequately open your valve and can pump up again before the next valve opening assuming you have good oil pressure. Id say if the wear pattern on both lifter and cam is good and the engine is quiet don't worry but would ask if you are pretty certain the pinging you hear is not actually a push rod (or two) rattling? Good luck in your problem solving...