Originally Posted by pdlightning
Unless you are wiring a separate third brakelight, no diodes are needed. There will be a separate feed for the indicators if used, one wire for left and one for right from the flasher. You will need a dual filament, socket and bulb because one wire is tail light and the other brake/flasher. Amazon has a 12 volt HD diode that you can use when doing the third brake light.Easy connect, two inputs one output!

OK, I agree with you, and with my dual filament bulb, one IS tail light and one IS brake/flasher. Except, the brake/flasher has two wires, a brake wire and a turn signal wire. Maybe I just need to disconnect the brake wiring and see if the brake signal travels to the turn signal lines. I just wired up a new turn signal unit, it's the chrome style that attaches to the steering column with a hose clamp and has an indicator at the end of the stalk. I suppose it's the cheapest way to cut the brake wire and see if it runs through the turn signal wire.