Drove the 51 to the World Championship Chuckwagon Races at Clinton Arkansas last week. Well the Little Red river was up due to recent rains and I needed to cross it. After debating a bit we dove, er drove in. Stayed slow to minimize splash. Wound up crossing 3 times in all. I did keep the brakes engaged while crossing to minimize the classic "no brakes" on the other side.

Made it OK, however I felt I should have been a bit better prepared by either spraying the distributor cap with silicon or WD40. Back in the day I'd have pulled the plug wires and applied a bead of silicon around each spark plug tower on the distributor and around the base of the distributor cap. However for just a bit of splash protection, that's a bit much.

Anyone felt the need to take any of the above steps, if so what'd you do?
Attachments
IMG_0773.jpg (44.57 KB, 192 downloads)
IMG_0775.jpg (61.23 KB, 199 downloads)
IMG_0780.JPG (34.72 KB, 196 downloads)
IMG_0782.JPG (46.41 KB, 192 downloads)
IMG_9109.JPG (36.58 KB, 184 downloads)


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5