I have a few questions concerning paint on my 66. I have done a search on the forums, my resto packette, and autocolorlibrary.com and have not found a definitive answer.


1)I need to know what the interior color is for a custom cab 66. The paint chips list a fawn poly, medium fawn poly and charcoal grey poly. The dashboard is a grey, is that the charcoal or medium fawn. I assume the fawn is correct for the rest of the interior.

2) The deluxe steering wheel I have is silver. It is of of a 65 is this correct for 66? And if so should the column match the wheel or say the door panels.

3) Does the door panels have a ivory band or a darker fawn band (medium fawn?)

4) What color was the 327 painted? My 63 service book says gm green but the ones I have seen on the net and at shows are chevy orange. Did they change this in 66?

Thanks for any info


1966 C10 250/3 Stepside
1966 C10 327/3 Fleetside
1972 Buick Centurion 455/TH400
1964 Plymouth Valiant 360/A833 4spd
1964 Plymouth Sport Fury 440/727
I've got a new car....It was made in '72