As we upgrade, modify and change electrical components on our rides to make them both more safe and improve our chances of getting where we plan to go, I keep running into a problem. The FLAPS and manufactures do not provide the information necessary to change components. My main complaint right now is sensors. Changing from a bulb type temperature or oil pressure gauge to a variable resistance type is hit and miss, mostly miss. I’ve looked all over the internet for specifications and can’t find anything other that what cars they fit. Through a process of calibration I know the resistance profiles I’m looking for, but can’t fine the data for the sensors.
I often read questions on this forum about gas gauges with wrong sending units and other sensor issues. Where do you guys go to get information on sensors? Engineers who design engines must get that information from somewhere.