Thanks, the vin on the '63 c30 is on the driver door pillar, seems original. Truck has a 350 in it now and known to NOT be original. Truck is very dirty and dusty but I plan to pressure wash this weekend. Then I can get better pics. Per the vin this truck came from the Baltimore plant with just a chassis and cab but with what engine originally is a mystery to be unearthed.
The '62 Apache will be a parts truck and if that 283 is original I may eventually swap out the 350 in the other one after a rebuild on the 283. This will not be built for show but want to keep near original. Will be a work truck when running. Will get the Apache later this week, and dig up more "dirt" on it then. The Apache does not have split rims at least on the front as I have them here. The C30 wheels are different. Thanks
Edit to note previous data plate location on driver side under dash area, not pillar.
Last edited by Dhalldens1960; 08/13/2018 11:03 PM. Reason: Clarify first post incorrect info
Stuff I’m gonna work on, I swear 1963 C30 flatbed 1961 Apache 30 (parts, no title) 1960 GMC Big Bolt
Don't tweet, face, Google, or link. Just hanging in as long as I can...
|