I made my own rubber bushings that fit onto the upper and lower barn door latch.
I started out by using the rubber door bumpers off a 1964-1966 chevrolet truck.

1964-1966 door bumper
I cut it down to about 3/8" tall on the side that recieves the threaded rods.
cut down to about 3/8" long
I put a piece of 3/16" rod in the vise and heated it cherry red with a propane torch. I then slipped my piece onto it to make a hole through i to let the rod slide through. Watch your hands , the rubber is extremely hot when it flows out.
3/16" hole in grommet
I used a die grinder with a roto file to countersink a hole to fit the bevel on the rods.
roto file
The grommets will hold onto the latches
grommet
Latch installed on barn door along with threaded rod.
grommet intalled on door latch

Hope this helps with making your own grommets for the rear barn door latches.

Thanks,
Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"