Looking for the original style check valve for the hydro-vac line for my 1965 VH5000 401 V6. Or what one looks like.

I am going through some of the jury-rigged construction on my new truck. I was told by one of the persons working at the shop where my truck came from that the air tank behind the seat was for the air handlers for the tar tank truck back that was on it. So, I took it out and cut a 1/2 ID line off of it, figuring it was going to the air pump under the hood. Well, took the truck for a ride, no brakes, stuck my finger in the hose and had brakes, in fact, better brakes then before. So, I plugged the line and went for another ride and I have much better brakes. I'm not too sure who told them that you need more volume for the brake vacuum system, but I don't think so, and it may impact how the brakes work. The brakes act much faster now. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, they had just put on a new hydro-vac and the tank was part of the plumbing. Also, they put a white plastic check valve with a third leg, which is plugged, on it. Looks like hell.

I am looking for an original, or original part number or a picture of what its supposed to look like. Thanks.

I did take the air pump out from under the hood. Talk about a hack job. Some people should not be allowed to open a hood, much less turn a wrench. Getting a new belt for the power steering now that the extra pulley is gone.

Thanks for any help,

BaconFarms


1948 GMC 2 Ton
1958 GMC 370-8
1965 GMC 5000
1970 Chevrolet C50