| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,137 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 523 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 523 | Finally! Just finished a trip around the block for the first time in my 46 (mostly) truck. Looks like we may actually be able to make it to "Cars in the Park" this October, under construction category.
When I received the truck, it had a 46 216 engine with a 4 speed transmission (no idea what that year was). The clutch fork to pedal link was never there, so I had to coble something together. I also replaced the engine (216 was totally rusted out) with a 55 235. While I admit that I do not know what to expect from the transmission, having never had a transmission without synchro in at least first gear and hydraulic clutch, shifting this truck seemed awfully rough - a lot of grinding gears. Any suggestions - even the most obvious would be welcome.
Bob
BobS46
| | |
| |
| |