I use the Cold Fire units in all my vehicles. The solution is vegetable based, and non-toxic. A friend of mine is certified as a FF at a NASCAR track; he sez it's what they use. Couple things I like about it is that since its noncorrosive, you could spray it on a person without injuring them. Plus, it won't damage the stuff you're spraying it on.
You can refill your own units; just pour the solution in, add some water, and repressurize to 175 psi (I use one of those portable tire inflator units to get it over and above what my shop compressor can do). Because of that, I've discharged a unit a few times just to teach my family how to use one.
You can also buy single-use units; I have one that traves with my campfire kit, and another under the kitchen sink where anybody could figure out how to use it.
Never had to use one in anger, but they seem pretty effective:
https://youtu.be/pCbzFMc9GqI
Nope, don't work for them. I'm just a safety freak about fires, I guess. I happened upon a SUV fire a few years ago; it was fully engulfed by the time I got there. I read later the driver and passenger perished, in part because earlier passerbys had nothing to fight the initial fire with. That haunts me to carry something in all my vehicles...
Last edited by Riptide23; 08/01/2018 8:08 PM.