| Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | I also have a '54 630 fire truck, I got a master kit on eBay, cheap. Al extension on top of master is easily corroded, easily clean up on a lathe. Looking for wheel cylinders, blew out rubber, so need to take wheels off to get casting number, no original PN's work, mine has 1890 rear. Will keep you in mind when I find casting numbers.
My rear axle was 6.5 ratio, long, slow trip home from Alabama to Colorado, even with OD trans. Got rebuilt 4.33/5.59, much better now.
Rebuilt head, milled .090", new valves, runs good, orig. t-stats no longer available, adapted modern one. Way too many hot (always on) wires in it.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
|