| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,488 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 53 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 53 | I have a 49 GMC FC101 that I am doing a light hot rod to. SBC, 700r4. It is a frame off. I bought the truck as a "stalled project". It came to me with just the cab temporarily mounted and all other sheet metal loose, no drive train other than the rear axle which came from a mid 80's Blazer. My question is, it has an 8 leaf spring arrangement which I suspect is going to be very stiff. I am contemplating taking out every other leaf to soften the ride and if it lowers it a bit that's OK too.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Any thoughts on shock choice and attachment would be nice also.
Tom | | |
| |
| |