Hello all,
I'm VERY new to the Stovebolt world. I just acquired a 2-owner, Utah driven '56 3100 with a 235 I6. It needs some love here and there, but once it's started it runs like a champ. The kicker is it takes some serious massaging to get it started. It takes 10-15 minutes to get it going when it's cold.
The fuel pump appears to be working properly, so I believe the issue is the carb. It has some serious leaks. From what I've read so far, the factory Rochester carbs are problematic and unreliable. Plus, the current carb has some rust on it so I'd like to replace it. I'm a mechanical guy, but I have no significant experience working on classic cars so I'm looking for a good, drop-in solution. Any recommendations? So far the Carter YF seems to be the easiest, most reliable fit from what I can find, but I'd love to hear any other options.
Thank you!