Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Even the tiniest nick in the surface of a piece of tempered glass causes it to explode into small gravel-like chunks that don't have the sharp jagged edges of broken plate glass.
Back when I was a kid, a buddy and I were throwing pebbles at a transformer. His mom's 58 Chevy was parked in the line of fire, and one of the pebbles hit the back window. It immediately cracked into a million bits, but stayed in place. Then it slowly started falling apart, starting at the curved parts on each side. Pretty awesome. I think it was tempered. We told his mom that we had no idea what happened. grin

Last edited by klhansen; 07/09/2018 4:07 AM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.