Number 1 - formulate a plan. Possibly a much newer 6 cylinder. I personally like the idea of the 5-speed, and the updated differential. Not a big lover of autos, but not my vehicle.

Once you have the basic plan, you can start to implement. Martin placed brakes first; I would put exhaust first, so you have good exhaust while doing other things. Definitely brakes before you start driving. Original brakes should be fine for local driving unless you have low water bridges to cross. For touring, especially towing a camping trailer, I would suggest upgraded brakes.

Unless you are an EXPERIENCED PAINTER, let a professional do the job! (Safety!!!!)

Have fun.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop